Friday, February 12, 2010

GOP Agenda

My name is Roberto Soriano and I am a first year student from Occidental college and I am from Los Angeles. My political views are fairly liberal when compared to my parents ideals. Yet I have not been involved enough in any type of politics to have a strong enough political view. I hope that by the end of this semester I will have a firmer stance on my political views due to the amount of exposure to the subject that will come in the near future. So I will be posting my blogs on Fridays and getting as much information as possible.

Healthcare reform is a topic that seems to be one of the main dividers between the Democrats and the Republicans. I read in an online article posted by the New York Times, the GOP would like to simply make Health Insurance more available to the public and more affordable. This would not be able to cover the same amount of people as the Democratic proposal has suggested. A way that the Republican party is trying to compensate with this plan is to offer tax incentives to those who offer more health coverage and would give states incentives if they had a reduction of people without health insurance or premiums. The bill also mentions a change in states medical malpractice laws could possibly cut cost and slow growth premiums.

Although it seems that both parties seem to acknowledge that there is a problem with the current healthcare system, they each hold different ideas as to how to deal with the problem. Until the next time,
Roberto Soriano

No comments:

Post a Comment